For those who have taken our basic sausage making class or have at least some experience grinding and stuffing sausage, we offer this intermediate class. With the guidance of seasoned sausage maker Mary Kay Gehring, former owner of Viande Meats and Sausage Co and Oregon Food Bank instructor, students will learn how to extend their sausage making skills by going outside of the recipe box. During class, students will create their own unique sausage recipes using flavor and ratio principles that can be applied to a variety of meats. The focus of the class will be to develop non-pork sausage recipes, using lamb or chicken instead. During class we’ll cook and taste along the way and adjust seasonings to get the outcome we’ve envisioned. Students will get advanced tips on grinding, emulsifying, and stuffing sausage using non-pork meats and fats. Students will go home their share of the final product.
- Intermediate Sausage Making (Sept 22)
- Basic Fish Butchery (Sept 29)
- Basic Duck Butchery & Charcuterie (Dec 6)
- Basic Pig Butchery (Oct 12)
- Basic Sausage Making (Oct 13)
- Basic Lamb Butchery (Oct 19
- Basic Pig Butchery (Nov 9)
- Basic Sausage Making (Nov 10)
- Basic Rabbit Butchery & Charcuterie (Nov 17)
- Basic Pig Butchery (Dec 7)
- Basic Sausage Making (Dec 8)
- Basic Pate Making (Dec 15)
- For a full list of currently scheduled classes….
- Interested in Buying Someone a Gift Certificate?