- The French Art of Pig Butchery (Oct 26) SOLD OUT
- Art of French Butchery Demo & Dinner (Oct 29) 10 SPOTS LEFT!
- The French Art of Kitchen Charcuterie (Oct 27) SOLD OUT
- Basic Duck Butchery & Charcuterie (Nov 6)
- Basic Pig Butchery (Nov 9) SOLD OUT
- Basic Sausage Making (Nov 10)
- Rabbit Slaughter (Nov 15)
- Real Coq Au Vin: Chicken Slaughter (Nov 15)
- Basic Rabbit Butchery & Charcuterie (Nov 17)
- Basic Pig Butchery (Dec 7)
- Basic Sausage Making (Dec 8)
- Basic Pate Making (Dec 15)
- For a full list of currently scheduled classes….
- Interested in Buying Someone a Gift Certificate?
This coming Wednesday I’m joining forces with Dan Beekley of Corkscru wine merchants to celebrate all things Gascon! We’ll be treating 22 lucky folks to a traditional cassoulet dinner. We’ll start everyone out in the store with a trio of grower’s champagnes accompanied by figs with duck prosciutto and duck liver mousse with caramelized onions. Then, everyone will grab their favorite Gascon wine and take a seat at a communal table in KitchenCru, where we’ll enjoy Gascon wedding soup, salad with duck rillette croutons, and rich and delicious cassoulet
Next weekend, I’m collaborating with Robert Reynolds, a seasoned chef and teacher who runs the Robert Reynolds Chef Studio in Southeast Portland. For those of you who are interested in finding out more about alternative modes of buying meat–from Meat CSAs to whole-animal purchasing–this is an event you won’t want to miss! See the description below.
So You Want to Buy a Pig: A Butchery Demo and Dinner with Portland Meat Collective’s Camas Davis
This Saturday, I’ll have the distinct pleasure to be one of the readers for Take to the Ship, Portland’s first continuous reading of Moby Dick. I’m especially excited because I’ll be reading the chapter titled “The Whale as a Dish,” which covers the many philosophical and culinary conundrums that might arise while attempting to partake of a whale.