- Sausage Making (4-21-14)
- Basic Lamb Butchery (SOLD OUT)
- Basic Duck Butchery & Charcuterie (4-28-14)
- (Full Day) Whole Hog Charcuterie Series (5-4-14) SOLD OUT
- Sausage Making (5-5-14)
- Basic Pig Butchery (SOLD OUT)
- Basic Pate with CHOP (6-2-14)
- Basic Beef Butchery: Forequarter (6-8-14)
- Basic Pig Butchery (6-15-14)
- Sausage Making (6-16-14)
- Basic Fish Butchery & Cookery (6-18-14)
- Basic Beef Butchery: Hindquarter (6-29-14)
- Basic Rabbit Butchery & Charcuterie (6-23-14)
- For a full list of classes….
- Interested in Buying Someone a Gift Certificate?
See more upcoming classes» See more upcoming Classes
This coming Wednesday I’m joining forces with Dan Beekley of Corkscru wine merchants to celebrate all things Gascon! We’ll be treating 22 lucky folks to a traditional cassoulet dinner. We’ll start everyone out in the store with a trio of grower’s champagnes accompanied by figs with duck prosciutto and duck liver mousse with caramelized onions. Then, everyone will grab their favorite Gascon wine and take a seat at a communal table in KitchenCru, where we’ll enjoy Gascon wedding soup, salad with duck rillette croutons, and rich and delicious cassoulet
Next weekend, I’m collaborating with Robert Reynolds, a seasoned chef and teacher who runs the Robert Reynolds Chef Studio in Southeast Portland. For those of you who are interested in finding out more about alternative modes of buying meat–from Meat CSAs to whole-animal purchasing–this is an event you won’t want to miss! See the description below.
So You Want to Buy a Pig: A Butchery Demo and Dinner with Portland Meat Collective’s Camas Davis
This Saturday, I’ll have the distinct pleasure to be one of the readers for Take to the Ship, Portland’s first continuous reading of Moby Dick. I’m especially excited because I’ll be reading the chapter titled “The Whale as a Dish,” which covers the many philosophical and culinary conundrums that might arise while attempting to partake of a whale.