- Basic Lamb Butchery (SOLD OUT)
- Basic Duck Butchery & Charcuterie (4-28-14)
- (Full Day) Whole Hog Charcuterie Series (5-4-14) SOLD OUT
- Sausage Making (5-5-14)
- Basic Pig Butchery (5-18-14)
- Basic Pate with CHOP (6-2-14)
- Basic Beef Butchery: Forequarter (6-8-14)
- Basic Pig Butchery (6-15-14)
- Sausage Making (6-16-14)
- Basic Fish Butchery & Cookery (6-18-14)
- Basic Beef Butchery: Hindquarter (6-29-14)
- Basic Rabbit Butchery & Charcuterie (6-23-14)
- For a full list of classes….
- Interested in Buying Someone a Gift Certificate?
See more upcoming classes» See more upcoming Classes
Last April I managed to raise nearly $30,000 on Kickstarter so that I could help other people start their own Meat Collectives in their own communities. With some of that money, I helped the Olympia Meat Collective and Seattle Meat Collective launch in Washington State. Both have held a handful of sold-out classes in the past six months. While they are still feeling their way into their communities and clientele, they continue to learn and refine and customize the Meat Collective model for themselves. And I love watching them and supporting them in their efforts.
So it is with great excitement that yet another Meat Collective has launched! One of the Kickstarter campaign’s very enthusiastic backers, Jon Gonzalez, has just launched the El Dorado Meat Collective in El Dorado County, California. Jon came up to Portland to observe a few classes this summer, and we had many exchanges of emails and phone conversations, but largely he pulled it all together himself.
This March, Andrea Falaschi, one of Tuscany’s most famous butchers, a very strong voice in the Italian Slow Food movement, and head of the 4th generation butcher shop, Sergio Falaschi, will be traveling to Portland to join forces with the PMC for a three-day Italian Pig Butchery and Cookery Series!
For the past year, I’ve been working in secret with Brendon Farrell, a talented Portland architect and designer, to create two beautiful sets of whole animal butchery & charcuterie flashcards. One for duck! One for pig!