- Basic Lamb Butchery (Oct 19)
- The French Art of Pig Butchery (Oct 26) SOLD OUT
- Art of French Butchery Demo & Dinner (Oct 29)
- The French Art of Kitchen Charcuterie (Oct 27) SOLD OUT
- Basic Duck Butchery & Charcuterie (Nov 6)
- Basic Pig Butchery (Nov 9) SOLD OUT
- Basic Sausage Making (Nov 10)
- Rabbit Slaughter (Nov 15)
- Real Coq Au Vin: Chicken Slaughter (Nov 15)
- Basic Rabbit Butchery & Charcuterie (Nov 17)
- Basic Pig Butchery (Dec 7)
- Basic Sausage Making (Dec 8)
- Basic Pate Making (Dec 15)
- For a full list of currently scheduled classes….
- Interested in Buying Someone a Gift Certificate?
As many of you know, Camas Davis’ beloved French butchery and charcuterie mentors are coming to Portland! So many people wanted in on the two classes that Dominique and Kate are teaching that we couldn’t accommodate everyone. They sold out in just a few hours! But we hope this new event will satisfy you! The PMC and Elder Hall/Ned Ludd will be throwing a Gascon dinner and pig butchery demo with Dominique Chapolard and Kate Hill as the main attraction! 30 lucky people will get to sip wine and watch Dominique and Kate work their way through a side of pig, using the French art of butchery and charcuterie as their guide. After the demo, you’ll sit down to a Gascon-inspired meal of French charcuterie, rich cassoulet, and more. With Gascon-inspired wine pairings as well! Sign up now to reserve your seat.
The PMC has decided to apply for a Mission Main Street Grant through Chase Bank. 20 businesses will each be be granted $150,000 to further their business. All we need from you is your vote! 20 businesses will each be be granted $150,000 to further their business. I’d like to greatly expand the Portland Meat Collective’s scope both in Portland and elsewhere. This grant will help me do just that!
Five years ago, I started the Portland Meat Collective. Last year, I helped three communities in Washington and California start their own Meat Collectives. This year, I launched the Meat Collective Alliance, a nonprofit whose mission it is to help individuals and communities across the country start their own Meat Collectives. We just launched our website!