- Basic Duck Butchery & Charcuterie (July 28)
- Rabbit Slaughter (Aug 9)
- (Full Day) Whole Hog Charcuterie Series (Aug 10: ONE SPOT LEFT)
- Introduction to Meat Cookery (Aug 4)
- Basic Sausage Making (Aug 11)
- Basic Pig Butchery (Aug 24)
- Basic Fish Butchery (Aug 25)
- Basic Lamb Butchery (Aug 31)
- Basic Pig Butchery (Sept 14)
- Basic Sausage Making (Sept 15)
- Intermediate Sausage Making (Sept 22)
- Basic Fish Butchery (Sept 29)
- Basic Rabbit Butchery & Charcuterie (6-23-14: SOLD OUT)
- For a full list of classes….
- Interested in Buying Someone a Gift Certificate?
See more upcoming classes» See more upcoming Classes
In April, Camas Davis, owner and founder of the PMC launched the Meat Collective Alliance, a new nonprofit that will work toward sustainable, equitable, responsible meat production and consumption by building meat education programs of depth and breadth across the country.
Last April I managed to raise nearly $30,000 on Kickstarter so that I could help other people start their own Meat Collectives in their own communities. With some of that money, I helped the Olympia Meat Collective and Seattle Meat Collective launch in Washington State. Both have held a handful of sold-out classes in the past six months. While they are still feeling their way into their communities and clientele, they continue to learn and refine and customize the Meat Collective model for themselves. And I love watching them and supporting them in their efforts.
So it is with great excitement that yet another Meat Collective has launched! One of the Kickstarter campaign’s very enthusiastic backers, Jon Gonzalez, has just launched the El Dorado Meat Collective in El Dorado County, California. Jon came up to Portland to observe a few classes this summer, and we had many exchanges of emails and phone conversations, but largely he pulled it all together himself.
This March, Andrea Falaschi, one of Tuscany’s most famous butchers, a very strong voice in the Italian Slow Food movement, and head of the 4th generation butcher shop, Sergio Falaschi, will be traveling to Portland to join forces with the PMC for a three-day Italian Pig Butchery and Cookery Series!